Biography Name………................. DAGBA BENJAMIN IORYEM.
Date of Birth……… 15TH January, 1954 Dagba Village, Ugondo, Makurdi.
State/ Place of Birth………. Benue, Makurdi.
Marital Status……… Married
Correspondence Address……… Department of Social and Environmental Forestry, College of Forestry and Fisheries, University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
Permanent Home Address………. Dagba Village, Behind Unique Secondary, Off Victor Malu Road, New G.R.A. Makurdi
Date of First Appointment………. 3rd April, 2002
Date Appointment Confirmed………. 3rd April, 2004.
Date Last Promoted…….. 1st October, 201.
Present Rank and Salary………. Associate Professor, CONUASS 06/6
EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED WITH DATES
i Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria…. 1975-1978
ii. University of Ibadan…. 1985-1986
iii. University of lbadan…… 2005-2011
QUALIFICATIONS OBTAINED WITH DATES
i. B.Sc. (Hons.) Botany 1978
ii M.Sc. (Forest Resources Management (Silviculture) ,- 1986
iii. Ph.D. (Forestry Extension), University of Ibadan. 2011
OTHER TRAINING COURSES ATTENDED:
i. Certificate of Attendance, Teaching of Biology (NSSSP), University of Lagos
ii. Certificate of Attendance, teaching of Biology (NSSSP), University of Lagos
iii. Certificate of Attendance. Organizing Biology Practical, Science Teachers'
Association of Nigeria.
iv. Certificate in Management Appreciation, Nigerian Institute of Management
PRIZES RECEIVED - Nil.
SCHOLARSHIPS/ FELLOWSHIPS RECEIVED.
1. Benue /Plateau State scholarship.
2. University of Agriculture sponsorship
7. COMPUTER LITERACY:
Proficient in Microsoft Word Processing.
8. WORKING EXPERIENCE.
a). Teaching/ Cognate Experience with Dates.
i) Benue State University
ii) University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
February, 2001 -April, 2002
Lecturer 1 April, 2002 - September 2011 ,
Senior Lecturer 1st October, 2011-2014
Associate Professor 1st October 2014- Date.
b) Non• academic Experience with Dates.
Education Officer 11. July, 1979- July, 1980.
Education officer 1 July 1980 - December, 1980.
Forestry Officer 11 December 1 980 -September 1980
Forestry Officer 1 October, 1980- July 1986.
Senior Forestry Officer August, 1986- August, 1989.
Principal Technical Officer 11 (Extension) November, 1989 -September, 1994.
Principal Technical Officer 1 (Extension) October, 1994 - November, 1999.
9. SERVICE TO THE UNIVERSITY/COMMUNITY
A) University Community.
1. Lecturing, research, extension, conduct/invigilation of examination.
2. Member, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Examination Committees.
3. Representative to College of Animal Production.
4. Member, College & Departmental Welfare Committee.
5. Member, Senate Standing Committee on Examination Regulations and Misconduct.
6. Congregation Representative to Senate 2011-2012.
7. Head of Dept., Social and Environmental Forestry 2002-2005, 2012-2013
Memberships 1. Forestry Association of Nigeria (FAN).
2. Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN).
3. Science Teachers Association of Nigeria (STAN).
4. Member, Nigerian Environmental Study Team (NEST).
5. Member, Commonwealth Forestry Association (CFA).
1. Dagba, B. I. (1978) Acacia with special reference to the Zaria Area. A B.Sc. Project
Submitted in the Department of Biological Sciences, Ahmadu Bello
University, Zaria, as a Requirement for the Award of the Degree of
Bachelor of Science (Hons) Botany, 1978. Pp. 87.
2 Dagba, B. I. (1986) Soil Chemical Characteristics and Micro-organisms Associated with
Gmelina arborea and Tectona grandis plantations in Plateau State, Nigeria.
An M.Sc. Thesis in the Department of Forest Resources Management,
University of lbadan as a requirement for the award of the Degree of
Master of Science in Forest Resources Management, 1986. pp. 154.
3. Dagba, B. I. (2011) Local Participation in Community Forestry in Benue and Nasarawa
States, Nigeria. A Ph.D. Thesis in the Department of Forest Resources
Management, University of I bad an, as a requirement for the award of the
Degree of Doctor of Philosophy in Forestry Extension. 2011 . Pp. 185
Dagba, B. I, Ageende, A. and Shomkegh, S. A. (2005) Deforestation and Environmental
Degradation in the Lower Benue Valley of Benue State. Journal of Environmental
Extension, (5).Pp 1-4. A publication of the Department of Agricultural Extension and
Rural Development, University of I bad an, 2005. 1-4. Access Global Journal of
Agricultural Sciences www.globaljournalseries.com indexed and abstracted on
AJOL (S. Africa) http//www.ajol.info.
2. ljeoma, H.M., Dagba, B.l. and Aju, P.C. (2007). Local conservation practices and
perception of Urashi Waterfall Tourism Development Project, Dikenafai, lmo State.
Journal of Research in Tourism. A publication of National Institute for
Hospitality and Tourism, Abuja. (1)125-141 .
3. Dagba, B. 1., I. 0. Azeez and L. Popoola. (2009). Socio-economic factors influencing peoples'
participation in forest management in Benue-Piateau Region, Nigeria. Journal of Tropical
Forest Resources. Vol. 25 (1) 2009: 115-122.
4. lkpa, F. T., Akusu, J. M. and Dagba, B. I. (2009). Wildlife raids on agricu ltural crops: Orders
of species and farmers perspective at Gash aka Gumti National Park, Nigeria.
Journal of Research in Forestry, Wildlife and Environment. A Publication of the
Department of Forestry, Wildlife and Range Management Programme, University of
Agricultu re Makurdi. 1 (1) 63-71.
. lkpa, F. T. B. I. Dagba and J. M. Akusu (2010) Wild Vertebrate Pests Activities on Agricultural
Crops at Gashaka Gumti National Park, Nigeria. Global Journal of Agricultural Sciences
10 (1). Pp33- 38. www.globaljournalseries.com indexed and abstracted on
AJOL(S.Africa) http://www.ajol.info. A publication by Bachudo Science Printing Press,
Water Works Road, lkot Effang, Calabar. ISSN 1596-2903
6. Dagba, B.l., Amakiri, M. A. and lkpa F. T. (2011). Effects of Tectona grandis (Teak) Plantation on Soil Microorganisms in a Ferruginous Soil of North Central Nigeria. Global Journal of
Agricultural Sciences. Vol1 0, (2), 2011 : Pp127 -133 www.globaljournalseries.com indexed
and abstracted on AJOL(S.Africa) http://www.ajol.info. A publication by Bachudo Science
Printing Press Water Works Road, lkot Effang, Calabar. ISSN 1596-2903.
7. Mile, I. 1., Dagba, B. I. and Jande, J. A. (2012). Iron Contamination of Shallow wells in Makurdi
Urban Area, Benue State, Nigeria. Pakistan Journal of Chemistry. 2 (2); 1-, 2012.
8. Mile, I. 1., J. A. Jande and B.l. Dagba (2012). Bacteriological Contamination of Well Water in
Makurdi Town, Benue State, Nigeria. Pakistan Journal of Biological
Sciences 15 (21):1048 -1051 , 2012. ISSN 1028-8880 I 001:
1 0.392/pjbs.2012.1 048.105136
9. Dagba, B. 1., Sambe, L. N., and Shomkegh, S. A. (2013). Totemic Beliefs and Biodiversity
Conservation among the Tiv People of Benue State, Nigeria. Journal of Natural Sciences
Research. Vol.3 No.8, 2013. www.iiste.org. A Publication ofThe International Institute for
Science, Technology and Education (IISTE) Colour Works Service (Beijing) Ltd. Pp 145-149
10. Shomkegh, S. A., Mbakwe, R., and Dagba, B. I. (2013). Ethno-botanical Survey of Edible Wild Plants in Tiv Communities of Benue State, Nigeria. Journal of Natural Sciences Research. Vol.3 No.7. 2013 www.iiste.org. A publication of The International Institute for Science,
Technology and Education (IISTE) ColourWorks Service (Beijing) Ltd. Pp17-23.
11. Dagba, B. I. and Harris B. J. (2014). Studies on Acacias in the Zaria Area of Kaduna State, Nigeria. International Journal of Science and Research. Vol. 3 (4) 2014. www.ijsr.net ISSN
(Online): 2319-7064. Pp 449-452.
12. Dagba, B.l., Amonum, J. I. and Agera, S. I. N. (2014). Challenges of Plantation Forestry to Local TreeCrop Farmers in Benue State, Nigeria. International Journal of Science and Research. Vol. 3 (5) 2014. www.ijsr.net ISSN (Online): 2319-7064. Pp 42-45
13. Amonum, J. 1., Dau, J. H., and Dagba, B. I. (2015) The Impacts of Charcoal Production on Physicochemical Properties of Soils in the Southern Sudan Savannah Zone of Nigeria. Nigerian
Journal of Forestry. 45 (2): 87-93.
14. Dagba, B. 1., lgbaukum, E., Ancha, P.U. and lkyaagba, E. T. (2016). Perceived Influence of Socio•economic Factors of Fadama 111 Farmers on Forest Resources Values in Benue State,
Nigeria. IOSR Journal of Environmental Science, Toxicology and Food Technology
(IOSR-JESTFT) e-ISSN: 2319-2402, p- ISSN: 2319-23399. Volume 10 Issue 9 Ver.111
(Sep.2016), PP 87-94. www.iosrjournals.org
15. Sambe, L. N., Tee, T. N. and Dagba, B. I. (2016). Profitability Analysis of Timber Trade in Benue State, Nigeria: Implication for Poverty Alleviation. Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension,
Economics & Sociology. 11(3): 1-10, 2016; Article no. AJAEES. 26123
ISSN: 2320-7027 SCIENCEDOMAIN international www.sciencedomain.org
16. Sambe, L. N., T. N. Tee and Dagba, B. I. (2016). Analysis of Timber Structure and Efficiency in Benue State, Nigeria. British Journal of Economics, Management & Trade
15(1): 1-9, 2016, Article no. BJEMT.26573 ISSN: 2278-098X SCIENCEDOMAIN international www.Sciencedomain.org
17. Dagba, B. 1., Sambe, L. N., and Adia J. E. (2017). Effects of Anthropogenic Activities on Okoklo Forest Reserve in Benue State, Nigeria. Asian Journal of Environment & Ecology. 3(1 ): 1-11, 2017; Article no. AJEE.33296 ISSN:2456-690X
18. Karshie, E. A., Dagba, B. 1., Shomkegh, S. A. and Amonum J. A. (2017). Influence of
Democraphic Factors and Constraints on Farmers' Participation in Agroforestry Pactices in Taraba State, Nigeria. Research Journal of 7 Agricultu/ture and Environmental Management Vol.6(3) pp 055-060. April, 2017. http//www.apexjournal.org ISSN 2315-8719 2017 Apex
19. Karshie, E. A., Dagba, B. I. and Shomkegh, S. A. (2017). Assessment of Farmers' Awareness,
Participation and Sources of Awareness of Agroforestry Practices in Taraba
State, Nigeria. Net Journal of Agricultural Science Vol5(2), pp 66 -70, June 2017
20. Dagba, B. 1., Azeez, I. 0 ., and Ancha, P. U. (2017) Assessment of Community Based Forest Management Practices in Benue State. Nigeria. IOSR Journal of Environmental
Science and Food Technology (IOSR-JEETFT) e-ISSN: 2319-2402,pISSN:
2319-2399. Volume11 , Issue 9 Ver.1 (September, 2017). PP 68-75
21. Dagba, B. I. and Eyagba J. I. (2017) Factors Influencing Choice of Energy Source in North
Central Nigeria IOSR Journal of Environmental Science and Food Technology
(IOSR-JEETFT) e-ISSN: 2319-2402,p-ISSN:2319-2399. Volume11, Issue 9
Ver.11 (September, 2017). PP 26-30 www.iorsjournals.org
CONFERENCE PAPERS AND PROCEEDINGS.
22. Dagba, B.l. and Ayuba, S.A (2007) Soil Chemical Characteristics Associated with Gmelina
arboea (ROXB) Plantation in Doma, Nasarawa State. In Reviving Agriculture for Sustainable National Growth and Stable Democracy. Olufajo, 0. 0., Omokere, D. F. Akpa, G. N. and S. A. Sanni (eds). Proceedings of the 41 Annual Conference of the Agricultural Society of Nigeria (ASN) held at Institute for Agricultural Research, Samaru, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria, Nigeria. 22-26 October, 2007. Pp. 269-274.
23. Dera, B.A., Dagba, 8.1. and lkyaagba, E.T. (2008) Declining State of Forest Plantations in Benue and its implication on Climate Change. In Climate Change and Sustainable
Renewable Natural Resources Management. Popoola (ed). Proceedings of the 32nd
Annual Conference of the Forestry Association of Nigeria (FAN) held in Umuahia, Abia
State, Nigeria. 20th-24th October, Pp. 223- 230.
24. Wombo, T.A., Dagba, 8.1 and Dera, B.A. (2008) Green House Gas Emission and
Agroforestry. In Climate Change and Sustainable Renewable Natural Resources
Management. Popoola (ed). Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Conference of the
Forestry Association of Nigeria (FAN) held in Umuahia, Abia State, Nigeria. 20th-
24th October, 2008. Pp.306-313.
25. Amonum J. 1., Agera, S. I. N. and Dagba, B. I. (2012). Forests and Forest Products' Utilization in Nigeria. In De-Reservation, Encroachment and Deforestation: Implications for the Future of Nigerian Forest Estate and Carbon Emission Reduction. J. C Onyekwelu, B.O. Agbeja, V.A.J. Adekunle, G. A Lameed, P.O. Adesoye and A. 0. Omole (eds) Proceeding of
the third Biennial Conference of the Forests and Forest Products Society held at the
University of lbadan from 3rd- 6th April, 2012. Pp168 -173.
Specializations Forestry Extension
Research Archive 12. CURRENT RESEARCH AND EXTENSION.
Landscaping of Colleges of Agricultural Economics/Extension, Animal Science, Forestry/ Fisheries and
UAM Sports Complex.
1. Participated in the Agricultural Research Council of Nigeria ETF Grant- Winning Collaborative
Research Project, jointly undertaken by the staff of Forestry and Wildlife, and College of Agriculture
Yandev, titled Technology for Production, Processing and Marketing of Aromatic and Medicinal
Plants in Benue, Nigeria.
2. Personal research on nutritional value of some forest fruit trees used as livestock feeds.
Other areas include local communities awareness, perception and participation in community
Responsibilities ) ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
i) Head of Department, Social & Environmental Forestry: 2002/2003, 2003/2004. (First Tenure)
ii) Head of Department, Social and Environmental Forestry: 2004/2005
iii) Postgraduate Coordinator, Department of Social and Environmental Forestry, UAM. 2010/2011
IV) Head of Department; Social and Environmental Forestry- 2011-Date.
(v) Member, Departmental Board.
(vi) Member, College Board.
vii) Chairman, Examination Misconduct, College of Forestry and Fisheries. 2012-Date.
viii) Member, Senate Committee on Exam. Misconduct 2012- Date.