Biography PERSONAL DATA
Name:-Engr Professor Abugh ASHWE MNSE, MNIMechE
Corresponding Address:Department of Mechanical Engineering
University of Agriculture P.M.B.2373, Makurdi,
Benue State, Nigeria.
Tel: +2348028228072, +2347031398277
Ph.D (Mech. Eng. UAM); MES (Sydney); B.Eng (UAM)
COGNATE WORKING / PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
•He taught in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Agriculture Makurdi (UAM) Nigeria since October 1994 when he was appointed Lecturer II. He has steadily progressed through the ranks to the present position of Professor of Mechanical Engineering. Before this appointment at UAM, he had also worked as Production Engineer Hayman Industries Pty. Ltd Padstow-Sydney, Australia.
•Within this period of engagement with UAM, he has been actively involved in teaching at both under- and post-graduate levels and have supervised several Theses at Masters and PhD levels. His research output is reflected in the quality and number of publications.
•He has also been involved in professional activities. He registered with COREN as a professional engineer; a corporate member of the Nigerian Society of Engineers, the Nigerian Institution of Mechanical Engineers, and International Research and Development Institute.
Memberships Nothing here
Publications ACADEMIC PUBLICATIONS
1. Ashwe, A and Akange, T. (2003); Acoustic Analysis of an Automobile Cabin Interior, Journal of Agriculture, Science and Technology, Vol.13 (1&2), 53-59, ISSN 115-2931, Publication of University of Agriculture, Makurdi-Nigeria.
2. Ashwe, A and Tuleun, L.T. (2008). Fatigue Crack Propagation Behaviour in Welded Joints: A Literature Study; Journal of Research in Engineering; Vol.5 (4), 47-55. ISSN: 1597 – 8001. International Research and Development Institute. www.irdionline.com
3. Ashwe, A and Tuleun, L.T. (2008); Review of Factors Affecting Fracture Behaviour of Mild Steel Welded Joints; Journal of Research in Engineering; Vol.5 (4), 76-84.ISSN: 1597 – 8001. International Research and Development Institute. www.irdionline.com
4. A. Ashwe, A. Kwaghger, and H.A. Iortyer (2009): Analytical Determination of Parameters of Interest in Combustion Systems; Nigerian Journal of Engineering Research and Development.Vol.8 (1), 140-151. Besade Publishers, Akure.
5. D.T. Gundu; A. Ashwe and S.A Bam, (2010); Effect of multi-stage ageing on strength properties of recycled aluminum alloy; International Journal of Engineering Science, Vol. 2 (2); 63-67. Pan-African Book Co. Accra-Ghana
6. Ashwe, A; and Ihomwua, D. E. (2010); Effect of Cathode/Anode Area Ratio on the Corrosion Rate of a Copper/Steel Couple; Journal of Agriculture, Science and Technology; Vol.16-19(1&2); 131-137, ISSN 115-2931, Publication of University of Agriculture, Makurdi-Nigeria.
7. A. Ashwe; (2010). Effect of Low Frequency Vibration on Microstructures and some Mechanical Properties of Butt-welded Joints of Micro-Alloyed Low Carbon Steel, Nigerian Journal of Engineering. Vol. 17(1), 47-54. ISSN: 0794-4756, ABU Zaria-Nigeria.
8. A. Ashwe and L. T. Tuleun., (2010). Effect of Low Frequency Vibration on Fatigue Life of Butt-welded Joints of Low Carbon Steel, Journal of Engineering Research. Vol. 15(4), 50-58. ISSN: 0795-2333, Publication of University of Lagos-Nigeria.
9. A. Ashwe and L. T. Tuleun., (2010). Effect of Low Frequency Vibration on Tensile Properties of Butt-Welded Joints of Low Carbon Steel, Journal of Metallurgy and Materials Engineering. The International Scientific and Engineering Journal. Vol.5 (1); 25-30. ISSN: 2006 – 1919, Nigerian Metallurgical Society.
10. Ashwe, A; (2011); Assessment of Hardness and Impact Properties of Vibrated Butt-welded Joints of Low Carbon Steel. Journal of Engineering, Vol. 18 (2), 19 – 24. ISSN: 0794 – 4756. A.B.U. Zaria-Nigeria.
11. Sylvester, A. Aye and Abugh Ashwe (2012); Design and Construction of an Orange Juice Extractor. Proceedings of the World Congress on Engineering Vol. III, pp1948 -1953. Published by Newswood and International Association of Engineers, Hong Kong ISBN: 978-988-19252-2-0; ISSN: 2078-0958 http://www.doaj.org/doaj?func=abstract&id=1098320&recNo=112&toc=1&uiLangua...
Indexed and abstracted by DOAJ
12. Ashwe, A., Gundu, D. T. (2013); Empirical Model for Predicting Fracture Behaviour of Butt-welded Mild Steel Joints Treated to Vibration-during-welding; Indian Journal of Engineering. Vol.3 (8), 76-79, ISSN: 2319 – 7757; EISSN: 2319-7765, Discovery Publishers, India. http://www.discovery.org.in/ije.htm Open Access
13. Ashwe Abugh and Ikpambese Kumaden Kuncy (2013); Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Vibrated Castings and Weldments: A Review; Journal of Engineering Studies and Research. Vol. 19(1), 7 – 12, ISSN: 2068-7559, Vasile Alecsandri University of Bacau, Romania. http://www.pubs.ub.ro/?pg=revues&rev=jesr&num=201301&vol=19&aid=3813
14. D. T. Gundu; K. K. Ikpambese and A. Ashwe (2013); Prediction of extrusion pressure and product deflection using Artificial Neural Network, American Journal of Engineering Research. Vol. 2(6), 25 – 33. e-ISSN: 2320-0847, p-ISSN: 2320-0936. www.ajer.org.
Indexed and abstracted by Cross ref
15. Ashwe, A and Gundu, D. T.; (2013), Empirical Model for Predicting Tensile Behaviour of Butt-welded Mild Steel Joints Treated to Vibration-during-welding; Indian Journal of Engineering. Vol. 4 (9), 17 - 20, ISSN: 2319 – 7757; EISSN: 2319-7765, Discovery Publishers, India. http://www.discovery.org.in/ije.htm
16. D. T. Gundu, A. Ashwe and Adeka, P. (2013), Time and Strain Response of Repeated Ageing Treatments on Recycled Al-Si-Cu Alloy. American Journal of Engineering Research, Vol. 2(7), 131-135, e-ISSN: 2320-0847, p-ISSN: 2320-0936. www.ajer.org.
Indexed and abstracted by DOAJ
17.Ashwe A. and Ikpambese, K. K. (2014); Study of Corrosion Inhibition Potentials of Eichhornia crassipes on Mild Steel in acidic medium using Artificial Neural Network. Nigerian Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences. Benue State University, Makurdi. ISSN: 0795 – 25070. Vol. 6. Pp.150 – 159.
18.Akor, T. and Ashwe, A. (2014). Investigation of the Potential of Jatropha Seed Oil as Austempering Quenchant for Medium Carbon Steel. American Journal of Engineeering Research. Vol. 2(6), 25 – 33. e-ISSN: 2320-0847, p-ISSN: 2320-0936. Vol. 3(8), 209 – 211. www.ajer.org. Indexed and abstracted by Cross ref
19.Ikpambese Kumaden Kuncy; Ashwe Abugh; Tuleun Livinus Tyovenda. (2014). Prediction of Wear and Friction Coefficient of Brake Pads Developed From Palm Kernel Fibres Using Artificial Neural Network. ; Journal of Engineering Studies and Research. Vol. 20(3), 45 – 54. ISSN: 2068-7559, Vasile Alecsandri University of Bacau, Romania. http://www.pubs.ub.ro/?pg=revues&rev=jesr&num=201301&vol=19&aid=3813
20. Obassi Ettu, Gundu, D.T., Ashwe Abugh, Akindele, M. (2015). Determination of Work Index of Enyigba Lead Ore, Ebonyi State, South-East Nigeria. Studies in Engineering Technology. 2(1), 103 – 110. ISSN 2330 – 2038 E-ISSN 2330 – 2046. URL:http://set.redfame.com.
21.Ashwe, A., Ikpambese, K.K., and Yaji, P.M. (2016); Study of Hyptis Suaveolen L Poit Leaves Extract as Corrosion Inhibitor on Mild Steel in H2SO4 Solution. International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Management Research, 3(5); 1 – 9; ISSN 2349-6193; http: // www.ijesmr.com
22.A. A. Onogu.; M.I. Oseni and A. Ashwe, (2016). Artificial Neural Network Prediction of Viscosity Index and Pour Point of Some Bio Lubricants from Selected Oil Plants. International Journal of Applied Information Systems. 10(10), 23 – 27. ISSN: 2249-0868 – www.ijais.org
Specializations Mechanical Engineering
Research Archive CURRENT RESEARCH INTERESTS
Modeling of fracture and fatigue in welded joints; Destructive and Non-destructive evaluation methods in Failure Analysis; Solid and Structural Mechanics; Fracture Mechanics; Vibration and Acoustics; Corrosion and Corrosion Inhibition in Metals
INVENTIONS, CREATIVE WORKS AND CONTRIBUTION TO KNOWLEDGE
•Designed and fabricated a Yam Pounding Machine. The machine was recognized twice by the University of Agriculture Makurdi for exhibition in Kaduna (NIMechE Exhibition 2007, and Lagos NURESDEF 2008. The project won Joint Overall Best Award at the Nigerian Institution of Mechanical Engineers (NIMechE) Exhibition in Kaduna (Oct. 24 – 26, 2007).
•Developed Empirical Models for predicting fracture and fatigue behaviours of vibrated welded joints of low carbon steels.
•At Hayman Industries Pty Sydney, I was actively involved in the reengineering of automatic forging machinery for the company through problem analysis and solutions on programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) used for automatic transfers and fabrication Machinery.
Responsibilities ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE
•He has held many administrative positions within the University, prominent among them being Deputy Director of Academic Planning and Head of Department, Mechanical Engineering.
•Outside the University, he has been a member of Contract Review Verification and Assessment Committee of Benue State Government and presently the Chairman Governing Council of Akperan Orshi College of Agriculture Yandev in Benue State Nigeria.