Biography PERSONAL PROFILE
Date of Birth: - 28th August 1978
Marital Status: - Married
State of Origin - Benue State
Local Government Area - Gwer West
Sex: - Male
Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi, Benue State
M.Eng. Mechanical Engineering(Energy Studies) 2013 - 2016
First Class Computer Training Centre, Jimeta – Yola. 2003 – 2004
Certificate in Computer Appreciation.
Federal University of Agriculture, Markudi, Benue State. 1997 -2003
B.Eng. Mechanical Engineering (Second Class Honours Upper Division)
Mount Saint Gabriel’s Secondary School, Markudi Benue State. 1991 – 1995
Army Children Primary School, Bukavu Barracks, Kano State. 1986 – 1991
Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi, 2012 – Till Date
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Post: Lecturer II
Position Held: Plant and Machinery Valuer/Analyst 2009- 2012
Duties: - Inspection and valuation of client’s plant and machinery of all kinds ( which includes high capacity
Electric power generating plant, factory production plant, services plant and motor vehicles
- Physical and technical verification of plant and Machinery based on maintenance culture
- Analysis of maintenance schedule, operation procedures and purchase documents of machineries
- Inventory collection of plant and machinery, motor vehicles office equipment, furniture and fittings
- Inspection of all corrective and preventive maintenance records of plant and machinery
- Analysis and quality verification of the working principles of all types of plant and machineries.
- Valuation of all types of plant and machinery based on open market value and forced sale values
- Preparation of inventory schedule for all types of plant and machinery
- Preparation of report on the basis of valuation using invoices, shipping documents and custom duties
- Sourcing for current market value of plant and machinery, office equipment, furniture and fittings.
- Analysis of fleet maintenance procedures and processes in client’s company
Achievements/Accomplishments: Inspected and valued the plant and machinery assets of the following:
- Nigeria Bottling Company (NBC) Lagos and Port-Harcourt
- M.R.S Oil and Gas Jetty in Apapa Tincan Island Lagos
- BUA Flour Mills Apapa Lagos
- Globe Spinning Industry Lagos
- ORC Fish Processing Company (CHIVITA GROUP), Lagos.
- Vitamalt PLC Agbara Estate Lagos.
- Union Forest Calabar, Cross River State
- BUA Sugar Refinery Apapa Lagos
- Edo Cement Okpella Edo State
- Unique Pharmaceuticals, Otta, Ogun State
- Ugor- Bas Construction Company Lagos
- Netcom Africa Telecommunication Lagos
- Seplat Petroleum Development Company (Flowstations and Gas Plants) Delta State.
- Allied Atlantic Distilleries Sango Otta, Ogun State
- MRS filling stations nation wide
ZEBRA TECHNICAL SERVICES LIMITED 2007 - 2009
Position held: Regulatory Compliance/Project Services Support
(with Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company)
Duties: -management of Bonga North West Project compliance register/database
-Timely commencement of permits and consents acquisition process
- Following up with regulators to ensure timely approvals of projects permits and consents
-Liaison with regulatory agencies unbehalf of SNEPCo Bonga North West project
-Providing weekly status report to the Bonga North West Project team.
-Maintaining secure custody for all received permits and consents documents
- Supporting Bonga North West as ECMT administrator/superuser
-Updating the SNEPCO Bonga North West ECMT with new laws/guidance so that
compliance strategy is based on current requirement.
-Assisting the project team in demonstrating compliance due diligence to regulators
-Conducting Training for Bonga Northwest project team members on the use of the ECMT
-Liaising with external regulatory agencies on permits and consents matters
-Assisted in the Development of project master schedule for Bonga northwest
-Assisted in project planning and analysis of contractual documents
-Assisted in the development of new project ideas and time saving strategies in liaison with external
1. Closed out the following milestone approvals on OML-118 & OPL-212 (Bonga Northwest
-Approval for Field Development Plan from DPR
-Approval for Conceptual design
-Approval for Initial, Draft and Final Environmental Impact Assessment from DPR and FMEnv.
-Permit To Survey pipeline route from DPR and NPA
2. Developed a compliance strategy for detailed design of Bonga Northwest project surface facility
3. Developed an engagement strategy for strengthening regulatory compliance stakeholder relations
4. Conducted training on a web based regulatory compliance software for Bonga Northwest project
5. Facilitated the adequate representation of external regulators in all Subsea, Topsides and Umbilical
6. Prepared a compliance matrix capturing all regulatory compliance project activities on the project
7. Cross linked all regulatory compliance project items with their individual applicable regulations.
8. Facilitated the design, construction and management of the DPR Compliance Monitoring system
9. Facilitated the design and development of the NNRA oil and gas regulatory compliance system
RELIANCE GLOBAL TRENDS INVESTMENTS LTD 2007
Position held – Technical Manager
Duties: specification Design, Editing and Certification of graphics (using coral draw package)
Writing, submitting and pursuant of proposal for approval
General maintenance of Universal Laser engraving machine
Supervision of workers in the technical department
Assembling and customization of materials to recommended standard
FAB TECH. NIG. LTD. 2006
Position held – Technical Supervisor
Duties: Supervision of supply, installation, certification and commissioning of generators
Fabrication of industrial shear butter buckets and decanters.
Maintainance of diesel powered electric generating plants of all capacities
Maintenance and repairs of company vehicles.
ST. JOSEPH’S SCIENCE AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE MAKURDI 2005
Position held – SS2&SS3 Physics Tutor
Duties: Taught full syllable in Physics
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA (NYSC) 2004
Position Held - Graduate Assistant Lecturer
Duties: Taught applied mechanics and Engineering Drawing
NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY (NBC) MAKURDI 2001
Position held – Technical Maintenance Assistant(SIWES)
Duties: Supervision of workers on production line
General maintenance of the washer and the filler machines
NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLUEM CORPORATION (NNPC) ABUJA. (SIWES) 2001
Position Held – Technical Maintenance Assistant
Duties: Maintenance of central air conditioning system.
Memberships Nothing here
Publications PUBLICATIONS WITH DATES
Dissertation and Theses
Justin T. Awua and Emmanuel Oko. Effect of Partially Substituting Cattle Dung with Piggery
Manure on Biogas Generation. Bachelor of Science Degree project. Department of Mechanical
Engineering, Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
Awua Justin T. Determination of Thermophysical Properties of Nanofluid Prepared from Palm
Kernel Fibre Nanoparticles. M.Eng Thesis. Federal University of Agriculture, Makurdi.
1. Justin Awua, Sunday Ibrahim and Aondona Kwaghger, (2017). Investigation of Thermal
Conductivity of Palm Kernel Fibre Nanofluid Using De-Ionized Water and Ethylene Glycol
Mixed at Ratio of 50:50 and 60:40. International Journal of Engineering Trends and
Technology (IJETT) – Volume 49 Number 1.
2. Alex Okibe Edeoja and Justin Awua Tarka, (2018). Effect of Penstock Diameter of a
Simple Pico Hydro System on Shaft Power. Elixir International Journal. Elixir Mech. Engg.
118 50611, 50610-50622. www.elixirpublishers.com.
3. Edeoja, Alex Okibe and Awua, Justin. (2018). Shaft Power of a Simple Pico Hydropower
System as A Function of The Flow Rate and Net Head Product. International Journal of
Engineering Technology Research & Management, Vol (02) _Issue (03).
4. Enhanced Thermal Conductivity of Nanofluid Prepared from Banana Stem Fibre
Nanoparticles for use in cooling systems.
1. Awua, J.T., Ibrahim J.S., Edeoja, A. (2016). Investigation of the Thermal Conductivity of
Nanofluid prepared from Palm Kernel Fibre Nanoparticles using De-ionized Water and Ethylene
Glycol (60:40) as Base Fluid. Nano Research Group (NRG), University of Nsukka, Enugu State,
2. J.T.Awua, J.S. Ibrahim, A. Kwaghger, M. Sharipur and J.P. Meyer, (2016). Investigation into
Thermal Conductivity of Palm Kernel Fibre Nanofluid with Mixture of Ethylene Glycol and Water
as Base Fluid. 12th International Conference on Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and
Thermodynamics (HEFAT 2016) in Malaga, Spain from 11th to 13th .
Specializations Mechanical Engineering (Energy Studies)
Research Archive Nothing here
Responsibilities UNIVERSITY TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Courses Taught to date